This striking walnut and Corian kitchen sits in the heart of our clients’ home and was part of a wider architectural refurbishment that saw the ground floor of their property transformed into an open plan living space to include an interconnected family room, kitchen and dining area.
The island and hob elevations both feature American black walnut custom-veneered cabinetry in a combination of crown-and-quarter-cut veneers. We also alternated between horizontal and vertical graining to provide a visually pleasing contrast between the different walnut veneered surfaces. Other bespoke features include a walnut-lined island breakfast bar with a tapering underside, a hidden plinth detail to give the effect of an island that is subtly ‘floating’ off the surface of the floor and a Corian splash back that has been seamlessly integrated into the window areas to form part of the room’s interior joinery.
To retain a feeling of lightness in the room, a full-height elevation housing integrated ovens and refrigeration has been designed with floor-to-ceiling Glacier White Corian doors while our signature handle detailing in solid walnut provides an aesthetic connection with the walnut custom-veneered cabinetry of the island and hob elevations.
- Materials: American black walnut (solid, crown-cut & quarter-cut veneers), Corian (Glacier White)
- Appliances: Gaggenau oven, combi-microwave, warming drawer, refrigerator,freezer, gas cooktop, bespoke flush ceiling extractor
- Fitments: Dornbracht boiling & filtered water dispenser, single lever mixer tap and integrated Corian sinks
- Additional joinery: dining room fitted sideboard, staircase joinery and staircase screen (dark stained oak, glass & black powder-coated metalwork)
- JT Design: Corian© Classic and Veneered
- Project architect: MWAI Architects
- Photography by Peter Landers
- Private client