La Zagaleta is a private nature reserve and exclusive residential community nestled in the Benahavís hills of Andalusia. This striking landscape is home to No.1 La Zagaleta, a luxury contemporary house by the award-winning Roach & Partners. During the course of this 18-month project our team collaborated closely with the principals of Roach & Partners and their appointed architects at every stage of this overseas project - from the initial brief, site surveys and design development right through to manufacture, transportation and installation.
Our brief was to create bespoke cabinetry for the key areas of the property including, as its centrepiece, a Grey Sycamore and Corian kitchen. The focus of this kitchen is the island and breakfast bar, which overlooks the terrace, commanding spectacular views of the Andalusian hills. The surrounding full-height elevations include an impressive range of integrated appliances alongside a hidden work zone and drinks bar. Elsewhere in the property there is fitted cabinetry in the pantry/laundry room, wine cellar kitchenette and study while the dining room features a floating sideboard and wall boxes. In the private quarters there is bespoke cabinetry in the master-and-queen suites as well as vanities and mirrored cabinets in five ensuite bathrooms.
- Corian, Grey Sycamore veneer (white-oiled), laminate internals, semi-matt lacquer finish and laminate ply.
- Bespoke cabinetry and furniture throughout the property including the main kitchen, pantry/laundry room, wine cellar kitchenette, dining room and study, master and queen bedroom suites and five bathrooms.
- Appliances & Fittings: Gagganau induction hob, oven, steam oven, two warming drawers, coffee machine, dishwasher, refrigerator & freezer, Air Uno Parsifal downdraft extractor, Zip Hydro Trap (boiling and chilled filtered water), Siemens hob & washer dryer, Vola taps and Corian basins throughout
- Architect: Lis Melgarejo
- Lighting design: Luke Watkins
- Client: Roach & Partners
- Photography: Martin Garcia